Monday, May 7, 2012

Crafty Randomness - Cake Stand and Pearl Ribbon Necklace

Looks like I am in full crafting mode. So this weekend I completed a few projects, did a little work on items in the shop but then also had some fun with other things, like what you ask?

Well how about a posh pearl and ribbon necklace!


Isn't it just precious, but I couldn't stop at one so I made another!!
Here you can see me modeling it, okay you get my neck mostly but hey it was the one day I said no to makeup so my face was not included for your own safety ;)
So by now I was pretty pleased with myself figured out how to make those gorgeous necklaces I love so much, I had to do something else crafty and only had a little time left before my son woke up, so what is a girl to do? Spray paint!! Actually I didn't do the spray painting, my sweet husband did, afraid of all those nasty fumes affecting the baby baking in my belly.
Why were we spray painting? Well I saw this adorable Cake Stand  on The Brown House's blog and just had to try it out for myself. I did tweak her design a little as she modge podged on some craft paper and we spray painted. I also was unable to find the tin burner covers like she used but I did find a pizza pan, which I think should hold up better as its sturdier on its own. The rest of her directions I followed.
*Note if you do use gorilla glue like she did and as did I it will leak while being weighted down, I even put on less than it looks like in her picture and no it does not dry clear :/ BUT it holds up very well so that makes me happy!
So now that I woke up to a perfectly glued cake stand I had to make come cupcakes to put on it! These are some boxed funfetti cupcakes I dressed up with lime zest and juice in the mix and festive cupcake wrappers brought from Pick Your Plum (addicted to this crafty deal of the day site). O and don't forget my yummy coconut frosting, I again cheated and just added some coconut extract to vanilla frosting, yes it was a lazy morning. Isn't it just perfect! And kudos to hubs and doing an amazing job on that pink paint.
So now I am not sure what else I will be doing this week, mostly as we leave in a few short days for a mini family vacation before the new baby arrives. I will post more as I go and if ever you need/want a tutorial about any of the craft projects I have done. Leave me a note and I will try my hardest to get them all done.

Dream, Play, Create!




No comments:

Post a Comment